Its true that we associate a memory of a place to the food we have tasted there, be it ages ago!
I was born in Kuwait and I lived there till the age of 10. So I dont remember much but whatever faint lil food memories (call it aftertaste) I hav clung onto all thru the years, here they are-
- Shawarma/dajaj/filafel in that order!(There was an old outlet of Sultan Centre which had a playout area where the kids cud play while the parents ordered, some good old memories! I found the below pic of that park from the internet with great difficulty)
- Kitco (personal favourite- Funny faces)
- KDD (personal favourite- Banana milk)
- Hardees and BurgerKing anyday over KFC and MacD !(esp Hamour sandwich)
- Zattar (oregano) and Irani khubz
- Aero chocolates (those tiny melting air bubbles inside 😊)
- Pringles(a very rare thing as mom never allowed it much)
I know these are small things but not so small to me as they hold big,huge, wonderful and yummy memories to me!!
Tweet to me @NewGirlNewCity